Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
lloyd.mills
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Lloyd Mills

The operation can not be performed?

Post by lloyd.mills »

Hi,

We're having an issue with our backups at the moment where by one of the VMs is complaining of the following
Checking VM running state Cannot process the VM because the target VM state is "LinuxFileRestore".

trying to perform a file level restore on the same VM comes back with
This operation can no be performed becasue File level restore wizard is running.

After doing some fact finding it seems one of our staff was demonstrating the ease of performing a file level restore with veeam to another college and cancelled the restore early. However it would appear it's locked the VM in a restore state? I've tried restarting the veeam services on our backup server as well as restarting the server itself in an attempt to remove the lock - I've also checked the ESX host itself to see if I coudl see any 'quirky' processes locking the VM. Alas nothing has been successful.
Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

Kind Regards

Lloyd
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: The operation can not be performed?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Lloyd,

You need a SQL script to reset the stuck status for your VM, after you reset the status, the backup job will finish successfully, so please write us to support@veeam.com to get the script.

Thank you.
lloyd.mills
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Lloyd Mills

Post by lloyd.mills »

Cheers for the quick reply - I've sent an email to support so will wait for their response. :D

Much appriciated,

Kind Regards

Lloyd
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6716 times

Post by Gostev »

Just wanted to add here that in many cases, initiating File Level Restore for this VM again (using FLR wizard) and properly finishing it resets the VM status too. Actual VM "lock" happens in Veeam Backup configuration DB, VM just gets market accordingly to prevent backup job from modifying the backup file at the same time.

This issue is addressed in Veeam Backup 4.0 by changed verification logic.
albertwt
Veteran
Liked: 47 times

Post by albertwt »

Hi All,

I'm having the same "Cannot process the VM because the target VM state is "LinuxFileRestore". " problem this is occuring on VBR 4.0.80 ?

any clue how to solve this please ?
--
/* Veeam software enthusiast user & supporter ! */
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Albert,

I've deleted your duplicated post, however please open a support ticket with us by emailing to support@veeam.com, our support engineers will be able to quickly help you.

Thank you.