Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Hammy
Influencer
Liked: never

Space issue want to move job to new location

Post by Hammy »

Can anyone tell me how to move a job to another location without a starting from scratch. I have gone to the properties of a job I have running where the LUN has run out of space. I have a nice new shiny LUN for one of my bigger jobs but the option to change file location is greyed out. I am hoping that I don't have to start from scratch as the servers add up to nearly 1Tb and I really don't want to have to run the first job again if I can help it.

Any help appreciated

Cheers

H
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Space issue want to move job to new location

Post by Gostev »

Hello Hammy, one way to do this in the current version is described here:
http://www.veeam.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=543
Hammy
Influencer

Post by Hammy »

Gostev, cheers mate appreciate that. Not going to be ideal for my environment as I don't want to start having pointers involved as I will need to create other jobs within the new LUN as well. Going to see if they have any Feature Request raised to allow the product to do this. Once again thanks for taking the time to respond.

Cheers

H
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Hammy, this feature is already implemented in the upcoming Veeam Backup 4.0 - there you will be able to change location directly from the product's UI.
Hammy
Influencer

Post by Hammy »

Cool, can't wait for that to be released. Just had to bin over 300Gb of backups to makes sure other jobs complete this evening. Re-running on the new LUN now. Story of my life it arrives after I need it LOL.

Cheers

H
dlove
Influencer
Full Name: darren

Post by dlove »

I went the unc route and just created shares that can be moved around on the server if I add luns etc... it works great so far and much better than being locked into a single location.
Hammy
Influencer

Post by Hammy »

That is not a bad shout that. Server I have been using aint on the domain as it was set to do this only. Can't see any reason not to use UNC though. Will look at that.

Cheers

H