Management reporting and documentation
espi3030
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Alfred Espinosa

UnauthorizedAccessException

Post by espi3030 »

Hello all,

I recently installed Reporter Enterprise, I collected my first data successfully last night. When trying to generate reports today I get the following message:

Access to the temp directory is denied. Identity 'DOMAIN\username' under which XmlSerializer is running does not have sufficient permission to access the temp directory. CodeDom will use the user account the process is using to do the compilation, so if the user doesnt have access to system temp directory, you will not be able to compile. Use Path.GetTempPath() API to find out the temp directory location.

All credentials used during installation are local admins, do I need to specify permissions on a temp forder? A little confused, thank you.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6715 times

Re: UnauthorizedAccessException

Post by Gostev »

Hello Alfred, can you please give your account write access on the C:\Windows\Temp folder explicitly, this should help to resolve this.
espi3030
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Alfred Espinosa

Post by espi3030 »

Gostev,

Thank you for your reply. Your suggestion did not fix my issue though, just to be clear I need to grant my account write access in the C:\Windows\Temp folder on the server I installed Reporter Enterprise and Web Access on, right? And not necessarily on the SQL or Virtual Center servers. Any thing else I can look for?

Thank you
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6715 times

Post by Gostev »

Yes, your own account should have write access on C:\Windows\Temp folder on Web Access server. This is due to a bug which we are planning in the next release.