Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
CousinsProperties
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Matt Kunkel

Any Windows 8 Users?

Post by CousinsProperties »

I am testing the Windows 8 Release Preview and installed the Veeam ONE Monitor client, but I can't connect to my Veeam ONE Monitor server. My AD account is a Veeam Admin, and I've even turned off both the local and the server firewalls temporarily to determine if it was a port blocking issue, but no luck. Obviously I wouldn't expect Windows 8 to be supported yet, but I was curious to see if anyone else had tried it and what their luck was like.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Any Windows 8 Users?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Try to apply the workaround mentioned in this thread, might help: ONE V6 - Pipes Errors
CousinsProperties
Lurker
Full Name: Matt Kunkel

Post by CousinsProperties »

Thanks. I just tried that, but no change. "Could not connect to Veeam ONE Monitor Server specified in Options > Client Settings."
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hmm...try to take a look at Monitor GUI log files (Help->Support Information), these logs will give you more information about the error.
Copyright
Lurker
Full Name: David

Post by Copyright »

I think Veeam ONE can't use IPv6 yet. Try to enter the IPv4 address of your Veeam ONE service/server. This worked for me, Veeam ONE was able to connect using IPv4.

But still after connecting using IPv4, the Veeam ONE gui freezes regularly and has to be killed using task manager.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi David,

Thanks for sharing your workaround. As to full support for Windows 8, the it will be introduced in our next release which is coming this year.

Thank you!