Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
kief75
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: VCV

backup repository

Post by kief75 »

I have a vmware box that I want to backup. I have a simple computer to handle backups running windows 7 that I can also use to test windows stuff. I want to create a repository on a local disk on this windows machine however when I go to create a repository it only gives me the option of a server not the local discs. Is there a way around this? Just want the D drive on this windows 7 machine to save all the backups.....
kief75
Novice

Re: backup repository

Post by kief75 »

Also another quick Q....when you are using the instant backup feature can you exclude a disk? I can select veeamzip to d:\backup but at no point does it allow me to exclude a disk and it then fails on an RDM which I dont want backed up anyway.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Yes, you can specify any location on the chosen server to store backups. Look at the repository wizard controls carefully (specifically "Path to folder"). You can also refer to the User Guide for step-by-step. If you are still having difficulties, open a support case and our technician will guide you through the process.

No, VeeamZIP does not allow excluding disks. This is a feature of "full blown" backup jobs only.
kief75
Novice

Post by kief75 »

Thanks for your answers. Turned out I had to reinstall Veeam, it can now see both local destinations.