Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
PedroVDP
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times

Post-backup script on succesful backup

Post by PedroVDP »

Hi there,

I've done some snooping around but I've not found this anywhere so far.

I have a VM which serves as a backup target for physical systems. These dump their data to this VM to be backed up using Veeam.

Would it be possible to start a script, on the guest, which would only run if the Veeam backup completes succesfully? Typical use would be launching a cleanup script of the files on the VM once they've been saved to the backup infrastructure.

Essentially what I'm looking to do is tap into the same space as the Veeam VSS agent when it's doing a log trunkate after a succesful backup. I'd like to launch my own script under similar conditions.

Somehow I'm under the impression the 'pre-backup' scripts with a :thaw tag isn't quite the same thing. that's the only info I found back.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Post-backup script on succesful backup

Post by Gostev »

Hi Pedro, this is not currently possible, but I will keep this scenario in mind for future releases. Thank you!
Sethbartlett
Veteran
Liked: 26 times
Full Name: Seth Bartlett

Post by Sethbartlett »

You could do a batch script or powershell script for the post job script that checks if the vm or job ran successfully, then do some PStools or some remote call on the VM in question.
Skype: Sethbartlett88 - Make sure to label who you are and why you want to add me ;)
Twitter: @sethbartlett
If my post was helpful, please like it. Sometimes twitter is quicker to hit me up if you need me.
droorda
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Doug J Roorda

Post by droorda »

Any word on implementing this for the script and for the executing of linked jobs in 6.5? without this the job linking and/or script feature is useless to me and i suspect many other users. It would be nice to not have to build a powershell script to properly handle job scheduling and error control.