Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
TolgaAsik
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Tolga ASIK

Installing 6.1 Patch 1

Post by TolgaAsik »

I installed Patch 1 , too. But Veeam backup Service couldn't start after installed. We restored Veeam server.
Is there any guide about installation requirments for Patch1 ? I want to install it , bt I am afraid of Patch1 to be down again our Veeam server.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Installing 6.1 Patch 1

Post by foggy »

TolgaAsik wrote:Is there any guide about installation requirments for Patch1 ? I want to install it , bt I am afraid of Patch1 to be down again our Veeam server.
No specific requirements, just make sure you are on 6.1.0.181 prior to running patch setup. Have you checked Event Log for possible reasons of service failure? Have you opened a support case with us about this issue?
TolgaAsik
Novice

Post by TolgaAsik »

Hello,
I didn't open a support case , I restored Veeam server , it works fine.
I had checked event logs of W2K8R2 (a Veeam Server that installed all feature) , i had encountered "stop" in state of Veeam Backup Service , I couldn't start it. I saw below error in Event Logs after i installed the patch 1.

Code: Select all

Service cannot be start.SystemIO.fileNotFoundException: Could note load file or assembly "Veeam.Backup.DBManager,Version=6.1.0.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKetToken=bf......" or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
I will wait for your major update :) . I don't think to install this patch .
Sethbartlett
Veteran
Liked: 26 times
Full Name: Seth Bartlett

Post by Sethbartlett »

That's odd, I would re-download the patch and make sure to right click "Run as Administrator" when upgrading it.
Skype: Sethbartlett88 - Make sure to label who you are and why you want to add me ;)
Twitter: @sethbartlett
If my post was helpful, please like it. Sometimes twitter is quicker to hit me up if you need me.
TolgaAsik
Novice

Post by TolgaAsik »

Thanks for your reply. But I have to wait some time to apply this patch according to our standarts.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Post by Gostev »

Strange - we have a few thousands of people with this patch installed by now, and no known issues.
eddieh
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Ed Hazelden

Post by eddieh »

Hi, having installed this patch successfully.....now all backup jobs fail with error

AgentManagerService: Failed to start agent, Host ' hostname' WAit timeout in CPortAsker::WaitAnswer()

Have tried to reboot server after patch install, have tried renaming backup jobs all to no avail.

Have opened support case but bored of waiting....

Anyone????
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Post by Gostev »

What is the support case ID?
eddieh
Novice

Post by eddieh »

its being looked at now but support case is 5215481. The logs are complaining about the agent Veeamagent.exe so i suspect the upgrade to 6.1U1 hasn't updated this file perhaps? I know when we upgraded to 6.1 we had a custom version of this .exe supplied by veeam that took out any throttling (As when we upgraded to 6.1 all our jobs ran unbelievably slowly).

Please help, I need my backups to run tonight!
eddieh
Novice

Post by eddieh »

right, now have another more serious issue. tried re-running patch installation, it crashed and now veeam backup service won't start!