Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
wenzel
Lurker
Liked: never

Delete a single Backup on disk and repository

Post by wenzel »

I tried to restart a failed incremental job after fixing the problem.
Unfortunately, I did not klick on the "retry" button, but on the "start" button. I immediatly stopped the process.
After the forced stop, I tried to retry the incremental task.
What happened ist that the stopped process and the last retry process created a vbk file.
My intention is now to delete these files from disk and repository. I have no idea how!

How can I delete these files (disk and repo) and restart the incremental process?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Delete a single Backup on disk and repository

Post by foggy »

Are you sure that full backup is not scheduled for that day? The "Start" command just performs the next scheduled job run while the 'Retry" command just retries the failed VMs only.

Now, as you have a failed full registered in the database (due to the job stopped in the middle), you cannot start incremental and should create a full backup first.
wenzel
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by wenzel »

Yes, of course I have to create a full backup first.

But is it possible to delete the missed files from disk and repository. The job will hold only a defined count of backups and I don't want to hold missed backups and delete good ones!
So the general question: Is it possible to delete backups in a row of backups of a job that way that the repository will recognize and cancel it from repository (inside database)?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

If the job has failed during backup, the inconsistent restore point is not counted in the number of restore points to keep according to your retention settings and should be "fixed" during the next job run.

Answering your question in general (meaning valid restore points), you can remove the backup files manually from disk, but they will still remain in the SQL configuration database as an available restore points (until flushed away by retention).