Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
SilkBC
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Alan Murrell

[SOLVED] Full backup filling C: drive

Post by SilkBC »

I am running a full backup of 6VMs (total size is about 1,1TB, according to Veeam). The target is an iSCSI disk attached to the Veeam server that is 1.8TB in size. During the backup, nothing is going to the iSCSI disk and seems to be going into C:\system32, and filling the disk. The backup job fails due to running out of disk space.

1.) Is Veeam supposed to back anything up onto the C: drive during the backup, or is the backup job likely mis-configured?
2.) If Veeam is supposed to write data to the C:\system32 directory, is there a way to configure it to write it elsewhere?

Please advise. Thanks! :-)

-SIlkBC
SilkBC
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Alan Murrell

Re: [SOLVED] Full backup filling C: drive

Post by SilkBC »

OK, so I just re-scanned the repository and now the backup is going to it. Very weird that I had to do that :-(

-SilkBC
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Thanks for the update, glad that you're up and running. As to your questions, then the answer is "no" to both. Veeam doesn't use these folders to store backup files before moving to the target repository.
drew.green@tjtpa.com
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Drew Green

Post by drew.green@tjtpa.com »

SilkBC, thanks for posting your solution. This is pure speculation, but perhaps Veeam didn't see the iSCSI target as having sufficient space (or at all) when initially configuring it, causing Veeam to revert to local storage?