Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
dayscue
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Dwayne Ayscue

Unable to Connect to Remote Server

Post by dayscue »

I have set up Veeam Monitor 4.0.0.144 to monitor a number of my ESX Servers 3i, 3.5.0. However today one of them comes back to me indicating it was unable to connect to the remote server. I can use the VI client to connect to this server, but not monitor it. Any suggestions?
feelgoodeule
Influencer
Liked: 19 times
Full Name: Michael

Re: Unable to Connect to Remote Server

Post by feelgoodeule »

Similar issue here:
Three servers, two with ESX 3.5 (Update 3), monitored smoothly with Veeam Monitor 4.0.0.144, one with ESXi 4.0, always showing "connection state, not responding".

Solution:
Further investigation showed, that the system time of the machine differed more than two hours to the VeeAm Monitor PC. Correcting the system time on the ESX did the trick. :wink:

Question to the VeeAm-Support for further versions : Could you give a hint in the VeeAm Monitor, ex.: "Server not responding (Check System date on ESX host and VeeAm Monitor-Computer)"? :?:
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Michael, interesting - we actually have this hint, it was added in 4.0 version (I remember because I have created the text for this warning). Sound like there are certain scenarios when this check is getting bypassed. I have submitted a bug for this issue, hopefully QC will be able to reproduce scenarios when this error is not shown. I am guessing right now this check is only performed when the ESX host is first added.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Michael, I've checked with QC and this message should be present in all cases when you right-click and select "Get error message" on any ESX hosts which is grayed out and disconnected due to the time difference issue. Do you remember if this was the case, or you never tried to select this menu item?