PowerShell script exchange
md.casa
Novice
Liked: never

Start-VBRRestoreVM original location

Post by md.casa »

Hello everybody,

I am testing Veeam Backup 6.1 in my VMware environment. I have cluster on three esxi host with vCenter and almost everything works fine. :)
Restoring to a new location works great.

Code: Select all

Start-VBRRestoreVM -RestorePoint (Get-VBRBackup -name "$job_name" | Get-VBRRestorePoint | ?{$_.Id.tostring() -like "$res_point"}) -server (Get-VBRServer -name "$esxi") -resourcepool (Find-VBRResourcePool -Server (Get-VBRServer -name "$esxi")) -PowerUp $TRUE
But I want to use quick restore to the original location via powershell without specifying specific datastore end esxi server like in GUI.
Is it possible set it up to original location?

Thanks, MD
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6719 times

Re: Start-VBRRestoreVM original location

Post by Gostev »

Hello, no I don't think so.
Sethbartlett
Veteran
Liked: 26 times
Full Name: Seth Bartlett

Post by Sethbartlett »

If you do not specify a datastore, resourcepool or folder, it will pick the default one for the host you are referencing. I guess you could query where the original location is for the current VM and use those as the variables you need.
Skype: Sethbartlett88 - Make sure to label who you are and why you want to add me ;)
Twitter: @sethbartlett
If my post was helpful, please like it. Sometimes twitter is quicker to hit me up if you need me.
md.casa
Novice
Liked: never

Post by md.casa »

Thank you for Your answers.
Yes I Could but I am looking for shorter solution. It doesnt exist so I have to use longer one.