Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
PTurcotte
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Peter

Have to restart all my SQL Application

Post by PTurcotte »

Hi

Since I virtualized all my server, each morning I have to close and restart my SQL Application,

Each Night I'm doing a replication of my Virtual Machine from my Server1 to my Server2 and from Server2 to Server1, after that I replicate my Production NAS to my Backup NAS and finally, Backup NAS to USBDISK.

The thing is all my application using SQL are losing the connection to my SQL Server...

Any Idea how I can resolve this ?

Thanks !!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Have to restart all my SQL Application

Post by Gostev »

Hi Peter, I don't fully understand your explanation. When do all your application are losing the connection to your SQL?
PTurcotte
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Peter

Post by PTurcotte »

I don't really know, it's during the night...

We suspect it's during the replication of my server...

I have an dashboard that is connected on my ERP Sql database and basicly it showing stats of our production, each morning I have a error message connection lost and I have to close this application and restart it.

samething with my wokstation in the shop... have to restart application if I want people to punch job and to scan during the production

I have another application that send Fax it's connected to my ERP SQL Database and it sending the fax and making automated call... same thing, error message each morning, I close it and repoen it each morning...

Is there a way that I should trouble shoot that ?

is it during the replication of my SQL server or during the Snapshot or during the replication of my Veeam vmachine ??

I don't do backup, only replication of my vmachine from my production NAS to my Backup NAS

is there some log I can look at ?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Peter, this is an expected behavior of the VMware snapshot removal process, please see this topic for details. Thanks.