Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
nmace
Enthusiast
Liked: 12 times

Problem with static mapping in Virtual Lab

Post by nmace »

I am able to successfully create and start a Surebackup job along with a virtual lab. My Veeam server is able to successfully RDP to the isolated VM. However I cannot access the VM within the isolated network from other machines on the network even with static mapping configured. I am setting up the static map as follows:

Isolated IP (10.100.a.x) which is the production IP of the VM, therefore that is what the isolated VM believes it's IP is.
Access IP: (10.100.a.y) which is an unused IP on our production network

I'm not really sure what I'm going wrong here. Any ideas? On this network with these VMs, DHCP is not used. Everything is manually assigned.

Also, not sure if it is related or not but from time to time I get the following message box error from Veeam: AcquireMksTicket Failed. vmRef: 'vm-6814' permission to perform this operation was denied.

Now, the AD account that Veeam runs was not granted full access to the vCenter environment. It was put in a custom role created with the required vCenter permissions list found in the forum. Again, not sure if that error has anything to do with Veeam or not, just throwing that out there.

Edit: Also I'm running B&R 6.1.0.181
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Problem with static mapping in Virtual Lab

Post by foggy »

Looks like you're doing everything right. Probably worth sharing logs with support team so they could look through for possible reasons.