Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
rogersillars

Query active Alarms from SQL database

Post by rogersillars »

Hi

I would like to be able to query the VeeamOne database via SQL so we can integrate the alarms with our other monitoring systems. Is it possible to run an SQL query on the database to get the active Error, Warning and Healthy states? If so what tables to I need to query?

Thanks,
Roger
Vitaly.Mzokov
Expert
Liked: 25 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Mzokov

Re: Query active Alarms from SQL database

Post by Vitaly.Mzokov »

Hello Roger,

Well, it's not just a table but a bunch of tables that should be utilized in this scenario. Just to make sure we're on a same page - you need a list of triggered alarms with their current statuses, time-stamps and linked VI objects, right?

-VM.
Vitaly.Mzokov
Expert

Post by Vitaly.Mzokov »

Besides, if you need real-time assistance, feel free opening a case with our support team via Customer Portal.

-VM.
rogersillars

Post by rogersillars »

Hi Vitality

Actually it is a little simpler than that. We have a big monitor on our wall for our helpdesk staff to monitor (green=good, red=bad). All we want is an alarm for any "Warnings" or "Errors". If these values are 1 or greater then we will trigger an alarm and our helpdesk staff will use Veeam One to diagnose and escalate. So all I am after is an SQL query which gives me the same numbers as the Summary screen in the Veeam ONE Monitor. If it is easy to get the details also then that would be helpful.

Thanks for your help
Roger
Vitaly.Mzokov
Expert

Post by Vitaly.Mzokov »

Why don't you simply use Veeam ONE Monitor client in a Full Screen mode with right and left panels disabled/collapsed? :)
rogersillars

Post by rogersillars »

Yes, we thought of that and we will if we have to but the screen is already busy enough. If there was an easy way then the query would be better, that way it would appear with the rest of the alarms.
Vitaly.Mzokov
Expert

Post by Vitaly.Mzokov »

rogersillars wrote: If it is easy to get the details also then that would be helpful.
Let me check if I can get more details for you Roger. Give me some time!

-VM.
Vitaly.Mzokov
Expert

Post by Vitaly.Mzokov »

Hey Roger,

Here you go a bit more detailed answer :) :

You should use this table for complete list of triggered alarms - [monitor].[TriggeredAlarm]
It contains the same list of alarms as you might see on Veeam ONE Monitor client's Summary view. The table has the following columns:
  • 1. triggered_alarm_id - regular index => nothing special
    2. assign_alarm_id - an ID of assigned alarm => check [monitor].[AssignAlarm] and then [monitor].[Alarm] tables for more details about an alarm and its name
    3. triggered_time - self-explaining ;)
    4. status - current status of an alarm => 1 is for Resolved, 2 is for Info, 3 is for Warning, 4 is for Error
    5. triggered_at_entity_id - name of VI object => check [monitor].[Entity] table for more details (see id, moref_type and name columns)
    6. repeat_count - how many times an alarm has shot non-Resolved state => not sure if it worth to be presented on your Plasma TV :)
Hope it helps!

-VM.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

rogersillars wrote:Yes, we thought of that and we will if we have to but the screen is already busy enough.
Out of curiosity, how does your dashboard/main screen looks like? What info do you display there?