Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
dan.hoffman
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Dan Hoffman

Can't update components on Windows 7 64.

Post by dan.hoffman »

OK. I made sure I CAN access the Admin$ share on the target repository, but update will not install on that workstation.
My other targets are all 2008 R2 server and work fine. This Win 7 pro 64 box was working properly for a long time. Then I updated to 6.1 and the update ran fine for all repositories and hosts other than this one. I can access the Admin$ share through explorer using the same credentials I use in Veeam. But, Veeam still reports an error when trying to connect to this Win 7 repository to do the update.
Firewall is off, using Symantec endpoint security with exceptions added for all veeam .exe and .dll in the windows/veeam folder.
When trying to discover the target's components it errors: failed to install deployment service. there are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.
tr: failed to create persisent connection to ADMIN$ shared folder on host [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]

Veeam services are all running on target. RPC is also running.

Any ideas?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6691 times

Re: Can't update components on Windows 7 64.

Post by Gostev »

Hi Dan, please include support case ID when posting about any technical issues, otherwise your post will be removed, as explained when you click New Topic. Thanks!
dan.hoffman
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Dan Hoffman

Post by dan.hoffman »

OK. Not hit support yet with this. Kill it. If I can't get this addressed there, I will post here. Kind of redundant though.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6691 times

Post by Gostev »

Naturally, it would be best to keep the thread, but include the support case ID for it. This way, in case if future readers have the same problem, we will be able to look up the support case if you never come back to post the resolution (which is what 9 out of 10 posters do). BTW, it takes less than a minute to open a support case and receive the case ID. Thank you!