Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
deduplicat3d
Expert
Liked: 12 times
Full Name: Corey

Competitive Comparison

Post by deduplicat3d »

Hi,

I am a current B&R enterprise customer (26 sockets). I am looking into a monitoring/reporting/optimizing type of tool for VMWare. I've narrowed it down to Veeam ONE, Quest vKernel, and VMTurbo. Besides the advantage of price (because of the bundle) and integrated reporting for B&R in 6.5, what key advantages does Veeam have over the above competition.

Thanks,
Corey
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Competitive Comparison

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Corey,

The ability to create a "Protected VMs" report together with capacity planning for backup repositories is a huge advantage over these solutions, so I wouldn't underestimate this fact. As to the comparison sheets, then please contact your Veeam sales rep or system engineer, so that they could walk you through the list of advantages (such as 200+ best practices alarms, detailed KBs, much broader reporting capabilities etc.)

Thank you!
deduplicat3d
Expert
Liked: 12 times
Full Name: Corey

Post by deduplicat3d »

Thanks Vitaliy! Does the capacity planning for backup repository work if you use a hardware dedupe device?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, our engine is using the amount of free space left on the repository as a baseline for its calculations. It does not matter what type of the repository you use.