PowerShell script exchange
BGilbert
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Brian Gilbert

Strange Behavior while creating a job

Post by BGilbert »

I have a script I wrote to create and schedule new HyperV backup jobs. I create the job with one VM in the job but when I look at the job in the Veeam console it shows 16 objects in the job. The create job line looks like this:

Add-VBRHvBackupJob -Name $global:JobName –BackupRepository (Get-VBRBackupRepository -Name $global:Repo2Use) –Entity (Find-VBRHvEntity -Name $global:VMName)

If I edit the job from the console after creation and look at the virtual machines in the job, it shows only one VM. If I click "Finish" without changing anything, the number of objects in the job changes from 16 to 1. Anyone have an idea why the job claims to have 16 objects even though there is only one?

Thanks, Brian
Sethbartlett
Veteran
Liked: 26 times
Full Name: Seth Bartlett

Re: Strange Behavior while creating a job

Post by Sethbartlett »

I believe I had a ticket with you at some point in time. Did this ever get fixed/solved?
Skype: Sethbartlett88 - Make sure to label who you are and why you want to add me ;)
Twitter: @sethbartlett
If my post was helpful, please like it. Sometimes twitter is quicker to hit me up if you need me.
BGilbert
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Brian Gilbert

Re: Strange Behavior while creating a job

Post by BGilbert »

Seth,

Yes, you and I have corresponded quite a bit over adding an VM to an existing Hyper-V backup job. I believe I have it fixed. It was a problem with my script, not with the cmdlet although I haven't had to add/update a job since fixing it so I'm not 100% sure until that happens. My testing showed that it was working correctly.

Brian