Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
hongman
Influencer
Liked: never

SureBackup Needed for Exchange Explorer?

Post by hongman »

Hi

I have been running 6.1, and running a SureBackup job for Exchange U-AIR to work without Enterprise Manager.

I have now upgraded to 6.5 and had a play with the new Exchange Explorer, which seems to be working well (no restores done yet, just been clicking around).

My question is, do I still need these SureBackup jobs? Or is Exchange Explorer able to run just as long as it has access to an Exchange VM backup file?
jpeake
Enthusiast
Liked: 25 times

Re: SureBackup Needed for Exchange Explorer?

Post by jpeake »

no SureBackup needed. Be aware there appears to be a bug in Exchange Explorer where you need to first mount the backup in file explorer, and manually set the log path. Exchange Explorer is not detecting the log path correctly, and you will get a dirty shutdown error when trying to restore with it, unless you do it manually.
hongman
Influencer
Liked: never

Post by hongman »

Aha, yes I am getting a couple of JET error's and an error about one of the log paths when launching Exh Exp.

When you say "unless you do it manually" - what do you mean?

Is there an ETA for fixing this bug?
jpeake
Enthusiast
Liked: 25 times

Post by jpeake » 1 person likes this post

there is another post that details it. Basically, just mount the backup using the file level restore. This will map the backup to the C:\VeeamFLR folder. Then manually open Exchange Explorer, and point it at the appropriate db and log path (under c:\veeamFLR\servername\volume)

takes a couple extra clicks, but no big deal really.