Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Vladimirf
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Vladimir Fruhtman

Wishlist - comment/remark field for backup's restore point

Post by Vladimirf »

Hi All,
first of all - i wanted to thank you for the great product, it is truly feature rich and most important - very easy to use,
I use to to backup all of our Virtual servers (170 guests - VMWare), and this part is really thought through and nicely implemented,
now, when i install a new server (or work on my production servers installing new software on them), i create a new backup job and just backup the server on a side job,
i think it would be very nice to have an option to insert a remark to specific restore point in a job, a small text field that will allow to navigate in backups more easily.
Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Israel
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Wishlist - comment/remark field for backup's restore poi

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Vladimir, do you mean a post-job ability to add notes to the created restore points? Thanks for the feedback!
Vladimirf
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Vladimir Fruhtman

Re: Wishlist - comment/remark field for backup's restore poi

Post by Vladimirf »

It can be post job, or may be an option when running a job, like when i press r-click on the job and get the menu with option (Start/Stop/Retry/.../Active Full/Full with Remark.
but even if it's a post=job ability it is still very nice, i'm sure many people use backups not only for scheduled task, but also to store specific state, as for now i just create a job for every restore point with a distinctive name.
Sample:
1) Windows Clean Installed
2) Updates Installed
3) Veeam V&R installed
4) Some config change
5)another config change
etc etc.....
Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Israel