Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
jpeake
Enthusiast
Liked: 25 times

custom scripts for SureBackup - anyone do this?

Post by jpeake »

I received my Enterprise key, and have been testing out SureBackup.

I was wondering if any of you Veeam veterans have your own test scripts. I was thinking mainly along the lines of checking that Exchange DB's mount successfully. Is there a need for a custom script for this, or would the default mail server script work?
zoltank
Expert
Liked: 41 times

Re: custom scripts for SureBackup - anyone do this?

Post by zoltank »

You know, for as powerful a tool SureBackup is for verification, I'm really surprised there aren't more scripts available for it here on the forums or through Veeam (are you listening Veeam?). I haven't found a good way to see if the databases are mounted yet, though I plan to take another look in December, but here are the scripts I use to make sure the key Exchange services have started:

This is the PS script I use in SureBackup to see if the Exchange services are running on my mailbox servers:

REM Start-Sleep -s 60

# Start Exchange services on Mailbox servers

Start-Service -InputObject $(Get-Service -Computer <IP> -Name MSExchangeIS)
Start-Service -InputObject $(Get-Service -Computer <IP> -Name MSExchangeSA)
Start-Service -InputObject $(Get-Service -Computer <IP> -Name MSExchangeServiceHost)

REM Start-Sleep -s 60

# Check Exchange services Status

$ExchSvc = (get-service -ComputerName <IP> -Name MSExchangeIS -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue)
IF($ExchSvc.status -ne "Running"){$host.SetShouldExit(1)}

$ExchSvc = (get-service -ComputerName <IP> -Name MSExchangeSA -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue)

$ExchSvc = (get-service -ComputerName <IP> -Name MSExchangeServiceHost -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue)

Exit

And the batch file which SureBackup actually runs:
powershell.exe -noninteractive -noprofile -command "& {C:\batches\exchangehub.ps1}"
EXIT /B %errorlevel%
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6714 times

Re: custom scripts for SureBackup - anyone do this?

Post by Gostev »

Here is a nice post on our blog from end user as well > Automate recovery verification of VM backups with Veeam SureBackup