Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
RLMFinsbury
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Russell Espinal

Explorer for Exchange Error Trust Relationship

Post by RLMFinsbury »

Opened a case with Veeam case # 00153579. Product works to our needs but I can only get as far as mounting the databases via Explorer. When I choose to restore it to the original folder in the specified mailbox, I receive an error "The request failed. The underlying connection was closed: could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel". I looked in the event logs on the VEEAM server and there is nothing. Search around Google and there isn't much on Explorer for Exchange since a relatively new feature in B&R 6.5 Anyone have an idea? Thanks and any feedback greatly appreciated.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Explorer for Exchange Error Trust Relationship

Post by veremin »

No one so far has reported the same issue, therefore, it might be environmental. Probably, related to the certificate problem.
Have you already seen this article? Might be useful.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7032 ... annel-soap

Thanks.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin » 2 people like this post

In addition, little piece of information regarding certificate problem.

Most likely, machine on which VEX is installed sees the certificate used by Exchange as an untrusted one. Thus, in order to solve it you should install this certificate as a trusted root CA (it can be done even via IE).

How-to-do article: http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/ ... vista.aspx

Besides, it also can be caused by the situation when you're trying to connect to the Exchange server, using server name which doesn’t coincide with the one for which certificate was issued. For example, if certificate was issued to the DNS-name and you try to connect to Exchange server using ip-address, you’ll always end up, having “trust relationship for the SSL/TLS” error. The reverse is true, as well. (ip-addr.(certificate) -> DNS-name(connect) => "SSL/TLS" error).

Hope this helps.
Thanks.
RLMFinsbury
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Russell Espinal

Post by RLMFinsbury » 1 person likes this post

All thank you for your prompt responses. I tried importing certificates on the Veeam server but that did not help. Turns out that since we use here a wild card cert (*.domain.com) for our Exchange environment, Explorer was expecting me to put in our owa address instead of an actual server name and it would take care of putting back the restored mail to mailbox. The Restoring to Mailbox window asks to "Specify the mailbox server (CAS) to restore the selected items to:" so i was typing in the server name of the server that hosted the mailbox it was trying to restore to instead of mail.domain.com. Once i put that in there it restored emails immediately. Thanks again! Case closed!
heskez
Novice
Liked: never

[MERGED] : Exchange restore problem

Post by heskez »

Hi All,

We try to recover a mailbox from backup. We enabled application aware processing in the backup job.

The application integration seems te be fine, all MS Exchange databases are mounted in the Explorer for exchange when we select "recover MS exchange items"

However, after selecting a users mailbox and credentials, we click "restore" we get an error message which says: The request failed. The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.

Our Windows 2010 Exchange servers aren't member of the same domain the VBR Backup server is member of.
We use a trial license.

Best regards,
Erik
heskez
Novice
Liked: never

Post by heskez »

This issue has been resolved, certificate problem.
Thanks everyone!