Management reporting and documentation
Hans81
Influencer
Liked: never

Datastores Capacity Widget - Exclusions

Post by Hans81 »

Hello,

I'm testing out the latest version of Veeam One, all good so far, however I ran into an issue and was hoping if anyone else has seen this and how they were able to get it fixed.

I created a custom dashboard, one of the widgets I added is for Datastore info. I'm using Widgetpack "VMWare General Information" and Widget "Datastores Capacity".

I wanted the widget to show information only for shared datastores, I already excluded all local datastores from the collection jobs manually, however the information that is being shown on the widget still shows values for combined totals: local + shared datastores. Any idea on how to prevent the local datastores from showing up on this widget?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Hans.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Datastores Capacity Widget - Exclusions

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Hans,

In order to report on shared datastores only, there is no need to exclude local datastores from the collection jobs. All you need to do is select the corresponding Business View group (there are two predefined groups - local and shared datastores) as a target scope for your widget and that's it.

Hope this helps!
Hans81
Influencer

Post by Hans81 »

Oh that is really simple, thanks for your feedback. 1 question, any way to restore those groups from Business View since I had removed them previously?
Hans81
Influencer

Post by Hans81 »

I was able to re-create them manually. Thanks for your help.
Vitaly.Mzokov
Expert
Liked: 25 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Mzokov

Post by Vitaly.Mzokov » 1 person likes this post

Hey Hans,

Actually, you do not need to restore anything from anywhere :) - simply re-create the categorization rules. That's is not that hard:
  • 1) Open Veeam ONE Business View Web UI and go to its configuration section.
  • 2) Go to "Categories" and add a new DYNAMIC category, choose "Storage" as the object type.
  • 3) Then switch to "Groups" => "{newly created category}" and press "Grouping Expression..." button.
  • 4) Enter "Type" (without quotes) under "Expression" and then save changes.
That's all. Since that moment all your datastores will be categorized automatically based on type property value (Shared or Local) :)

For more information regarding Grouping Expressions' syntax and examples, please refer to our User Guide (page 255).

Hope it helps !

-VM.
Vitaly.Mzokov
Expert
Liked: 25 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Mzokov

Post by Vitaly.Mzokov » 1 person likes this post

Hans81 wrote:I was able to re-create them manually. Thanks for your help.
Haha. You're pretty fast. :)