Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
sunshineb
Novice
Liked: never

Microsoft SQL Air Wizard failded to connect to backup server

Post by sunshineb »

The MS SQL AIR WIzard failed to connect server IP address of the SQL server running in my virtual lab. The error says, "Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding". The results in the SureBackup Job is in the ready state and the DC and SQL server pass all the test (Heartbeat, Ping, built in scripts for DC and SQL). The backup server auto populates with the IP address of the SQL server running in the virtual lab and the production server name auto populates. I click next and I've tried all the restore tasks with same results. I tried all the restore targets with same results. I get the error after clicking next for the restore targets. It displays the database section for the backup database and Production database. After I click ok for the error it kicks me back to restore target. I tried to log into the SQL server running in the virtual lab and it sits at loading personal settings. I figured it might have to do with the DNS servers not being in my virtual lab. Please let me know if there is any more info.

Veeam B&R is version 6 and the MS SQL AIR is the latest
DNS is Infoblox
sunshineb
Novice

Re: Microsoft SQL Air Wizard failded to connect to backup se

Post by sunshineb »

Here is what I see in the event logs on the SQL server running in my virtual lab.

Event ID: 17806
Source: MSSQLSERVER
Description:
SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x8009030c while establishing a connection with integrated security; the connection has been closed [client: IP address is my gateway]

Event ID: 18452
Source: MSSQLSERVER
Description
Login Failed for users". The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection[client: IP address is my gateway]
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

What is your support case number?
BarryB
Lurker
Full Name: Barry Byrne

Post by BarryB »

Hello,
I was wondering if this issue was ever resolved, I am experiencing an very similar issue when running a SureBackup job in Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5 Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Regards.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Barry, I would be happy to help and update this topic with the resolution, but, unfortunately, the OP didn't mention his support case number. Please contact our technical team directly to troubleshoot this issue.