Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
stevenrodenburg1
Expert
Liked: 20 times
Full Name: Steven Rodenburg

Symantec and your future article

Post by stevenrodenburg1 »

Hello Anton,

I got your "The word of Gostev" Mail. In it, i clicked on the link to your future article about Symantec.

Without reading the article (as it's not finished yet), the URL alone makes my blood boil:

"http://www.veeam.com/blog/symantec-admi ... anger.html"

This is pure mud slinging towards Symantec.
Publishing an article, on your own website noless, with such a title, would lower Veeam to their level. What Symantec is doing is bullshit, is below the belt and it's pathetic. But it says more about them than about their competitors. Let them dig their own grave as they are doing a great job...

And your remark "I wouldn't want to be working for Symantec when this post goes live...". Excuse me? How low can you go? Is this Veeam?

Don't be like them. Veeam truly makes very good products. Be successful because of your own merits...

Disclaimer: these are my personal thoughts and do not, in any way, reflect those of my company.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Symantec and your future article

Post by Gostev »

Hi Steven. We will provide an adequate response to this direct attack from Symantec - as obviously, their FUD campaign was aimed at us. As with any war, some collateral damage is unavoidable (I realize that while some people do like drama, other will hate it and think Veeam is not "cool"). However, while we can absorb damage from smaller competitors and completely ignore them, please appreciate that we have to defend aggressively against Symantec.

Nevertheless, thank you for taking time to post your feedback, and for your honest opinion! I can say that we totally expected this kind of feedback as well. But, I must note that I am also getting the opposite opinions through forum PMs and email, as apparently Symantec claims did hurt some of our partners last week.
zoltank
Expert
Liked: 41 times

Post by zoltank »

There's a big difference between spreading rumor and lies and between telling the truth. Assuming it's Symantec telling lies and Veeam telling the truth, I have no issue with what they've done, especially if the lies are costing them customers and money.

stevenrodenburg1 wrote:Hello Anton,

I got your "The word of Gostev" Mail. In it, i clicked on the link to your future article about Symantec.

Without reading the article (as it's not finished yet), the URL alone makes my blood boil:

"http://www.veeam.com/blog/symantec-admi ... anger.html"

This is pure mud slinging towards Symantec.
Publishing an article, on your own website noless, with such a title, would lower Veeam to their level. What Symantec is doing is bullshit, is below the belt and it's pathetic. But it says more about them than about their competitors. Let them dig their own grave as they are doing a great job...

And your remark "I wouldn't want to be working for Symantec when this post goes live...". Excuse me? How low can you go? Is this Veeam?

Don't be like them. Veeam truly makes very good products. Be successful because of your own merits...

Disclaimer: these are my personal thoughts and do not, in any way, reflect those of my company.
stevenrodenburg1
Expert
Liked: 20 times
Full Name: Steven Rodenburg

Post by stevenrodenburg1 »

I'm not saying Veeam should let Symantec walk all over them. Hell no !

The best thing for Veeam to do however is actively inform their partners about the balony Symantec is ventilating, in an objective way, without passing judgement.
Help partners develop a response to forward to concerned customers and just stay cool and professional.

In a mud-slinging contest, there are only losers...
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

stevenrodenburg1 wrote:Help partners develop a response to forward to concerned customers and just stay cool and professional.
Good idea - we will provide our partners with such a document immediately. Thanks!