PowerShell script exchange
rhnb
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Allan Nelson

PowerShell not working after 6.5 upgrade

Post by rhnb »

I'm having a bit of a mare with the 6.1 to 6.5 Veeam upgrade.
Started with Enterprise Manager which no longer works and have a call in about that (00160624) - it's been escalated apparently.
While the guy was looking at that today he updated Veeam B&R to 6.5 to see if that would fix the Enterprise Manager issue. That seemed to go OK, it didn't fix the EM issue, but my backups are working. However it's broken Powershell (which I use to stage off to tape at the end of each job). I've been through the whole run the setup / 'Modify' thing and ensured Powershell stuff was selected, but its not playing ball.

Have tried registering the DLL and got a bit further but it's saying that it can't load VeeamPsSnapin as the 'assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime'.
Any ideas how I get the VeeamPsSnapin registered or whatever to get this working? I assumed the install would do all that.
I can live without EM for a short time but not having the tape staging functioning is causing me problems.
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Re: PowerShell not working after 6.5 upgrade

Post by tsightler » 3 people like this post

The easiest fix for this problem is probably to install PowerShell 3.0, but you can also probably just run "C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Install-VeeamToolkit.ps1" as well. This post documents the most likely issues, and solutions, fairly well.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6710 times

Post by Gostev »

If PowerShell is the only issue, then I will merge it with the existing topic (or at least, move to the correct subforum).
rhnb
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Allan Nelson

Post by rhnb »

Thanks for the pointer re Install-VeeamToolkit.ps1 - that's fixed it for me.

Still haven't got EM working yet, but support are on the case.
Cheeers...
Gav@GH
Influencer
Liked: 15 times

Post by Gav@GH »

I also had a few issues with my powershell reports http://forums.veeam.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=13422 after the 6.5 upgrade.

Also solved with the Install-VeeamToolkit.ps1 script.

Thanks.