Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
karlochacon
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Carlos Chacon

Replication and replica

Post by karlochacon »

hi

I replicated some VMs since they were pretty big I replciated them first locally and after that move the ESXi Server to the recocovery site.
so my first real replication job across sites I enable Low connection Bandwith (enable replica seeding)

OK my question is should I leave this option enable forever every time I run this replication job, let's say Saturdays midnight? or I have to disable it

thanks a lot
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Replication and replica

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Carlos,

Yes, once you have run at least one successful incremental job pass, you can disable this checkbox. This shouldn't have any impact on your replication job.

Thanks!
karlochacon
Enthusiast

Post by karlochacon »

Vitaliy S. wrote:Hi Carlos,

Yes, once you have run at least one successful incremental job pass, you can disable this checkbox. This shouldn't have any impact on your replication job.

Thanks!

so the job will automatically detect the replica is there without selecting the option
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, if you've already performed replica mapping, then the subsequent replication job runs will use this to detect the target VM.
karlochacon
Enthusiast

Post by karlochacon »

Vitaliy S. wrote:Yes, if you've already performed replica mapping, then the subsequent replication job runs will use this to detect the target VM.

so I am confused is it needed or not to leave "Low connection Bandwith (enable replica seeding)" forever in the job?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

As Vitaliy had already mentioned, you can disable the check box after the first successful job run. No need to keep it enabled after you've initially mapped the job to the existing replica.