Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
stljack
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

SQL backups causing SQL mirroring to stop for a few seconds

Post by stljack »

Hello,
We are getting the below errors in event viewer on our SQL servers when a Veeam backup finishes, and I was trying to find out
if this is normal behavior? Our SQL DBAs are not liking the mirroring "breaking" and consider it a production outage.

Database mirroring is inactive for database '<Our database name>'. This is an informational message only. No user action is required.
The mirroring connection to "TCP://<SQL Server Name>:5011" has timed out for database "SARS" after 10 seconds without a response. Check the service and network connections.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: SQL backups causing SQL mirroring to stop for a few seco

Post by veremin »

Hello.

This particularly behaviour can be seen in different cases – in the beginning of the job(in other words, during snapshot creation) and in the end of the job (during snapshot commitment). As far as I can understand, you issue is related to snapshot commitment, so, please, take a look at this topic .

In contrast, if you had experienced this behaviour during the begging of the job, it would be worth checking this one.

Thanks.
stljack
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Post by stljack »

I do only see the behavior at the end of the job (snapshot removal). Thanks for the pointers to the other topics!
jgardner
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jesse Gardner

Post by jgardner »

stljack, did you ever get to the root of your problem? We are struggling with the same issues. Occasional error events and sometimes even a true failover.