Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
smeek
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Steve Meek

Education: Is there a way to create a list of servers

Post by smeek »

I think this is an education issue but can;t seem to search right key words. I am new to Veeam but supporting an original install of BR 6.0.181. It is configured with 7 jobs, a Sunday Full job and then 6 Daily incrementals.

We are getting multiple retry attempts and in trying to correct, I see failures in the job log for some VMs that no longer exist. I removed the servers from the Tuesday job, but looks like I have to do the same across all 7 jobs. Is there a server list/group ability where I can create a source list to apply to 7 jobs? Or is there a better way to create the job list to automatically pick up new VMs as created? Glanced through the interface and can't seem to find easily. Thanks.

S
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Education: Is there a way to create a list of servers

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Steve,
smeek wrote:Is there a server list/group ability where I can create a source list to apply to 7 jobs?
No such list is available, you need to go through all your jobs manually.
smeek wrote:Or is there a better way to create the job list to automatically pick up new VMs as created?
I would recommend to add VM folders, datastores, ESX hosts, RP or vApps to your backup jobs, in this case all VMs created in the corresponding container will be automatically picked up by the backup job.

Thanks!
smeek
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Steve Meek

Post by smeek »

Rats. Oh well. I exported a list of all VMs from Vmware, checking which ones running state and will manually edit jobs. Thanks for info (nice to know I am not crazy missing it).

I also see 6.5 Veeam is now out. Probably will try and fix jobs before upgrading, but are there any big specific benefits to upgrading from 6.x to 6.5.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

vSphere 5.1 and Windows Server 2012 support should be big enough to drive the upgrade to 6.5 ;) Anyway, here is a list of all new features for your convenience.