Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
alexrogi
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: sas

Veeam One export data to another tool

Post by alexrogi »

Ok, here is the situation:

I'm using Veeam One and would like to export some data, CPU-RAM-Disk, from the Veeam SQL DB to another monitoring tool.

Is that allowed by the EULA?..

I do not want to manage another monitoring tool, and Veeam One looks like a perfect tool to monitor performance in our virtual hosts, ESXi and Hyper V. :)

In that other tool, (I do not know if allowed to name it), we monitor switches, routers and Windows VM's performance metrics, things that Veeam One does not monitor.

We also have some other tools to monitor devices hardware (Dell Management Console and HP Network Management Center), so we already have several tools that consume time and resources, and adding another will be hard.

Really, not another one tool. :shock: So, Can we do that?

Thank you for your help!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam One export data to another tool

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Alex,

Currently Veeam ONE doesn't provide any API to export performance and configuration data from its database, however if you know which SQL tables to query for the data you need, then I guess it should be fine as a workaround for now.

Thanks!
alexrogi
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: sas

Post by alexrogi »

Thank you for your reply, Vitality.

Do you have any document where we can see the how the data is saved, the meaning of fields, tables, so we can query the right data?

Thank you in advance!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

There is no such document available, however you might want to contact our support team, maybe they will be able to assist you with this task...