Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
MustQ
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Ryan Young

Veeam One bandwidth usage

Post by MustQ »

Hello,

We are currently using Veeam one to monitor our local Vcenter, installed on a local server. We have a VPN to a datacenter that hosts a remote Vcenter. I was asked to provide the "typical bandwidth usage" we could expect from Veeam One over our VPN if we added the remote Vcenter to the local installation of Veeam One.

Anyone have any insight for this?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam One bandwidth usage

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Ryan,

I'm afraid the only way to measure that is to deploy any 3rd party network bandwidth calculator and check what bandwidth you will need to support this kind of deployment scenario. Keep in mind that bandwidth will depend on many variables - vCenter Server chat level (number of alarms, events), total amount of powered on VMs etc.

I would appreciate if you could post back the bandwidth you decide to proceed with, will be useful for future readers.

Thanks!
Vitaly.Mzokov
Expert
Liked: 25 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Mzokov

Re: Veeam One bandwidth usage

Post by Vitaly.Mzokov »

Hello Ryan,
MustQ wrote:I was asked to provide the "typical bandwidth usage" we could expect from Veeam One over our VPN if we added the remote Vcenter to the local installation of Veeam One.
As far as I know, Veeam ONE will use all available bandwidth. You may consider enabling some network technologies (like CoS or QoS) to prioritize traffic flows between different locations and limit maximum bandwidth available for remote vCenter Server to Veeam ONE server interaction.

VM.