Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
HungLe
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Hung Le

Missing CPUs, Memory, Network, DISKs, Storage .. states

Post by HungLe »

From the most ESX-Hosts i miss the CPUs, Memory, Network, DISKs, Storage and Sensors states on the "_ESX Host State"-View on the SCOM 2007 R2 Console. There are only ESX State and VM State (from the first Stage discovery)

There are no events for the SV101 second stage discovery (ID=71 or ID =70 and Description contains Stage2) and SV102 second stage discovery (ID=72 or ID=70 and Description contains Stage3) on the collector server eventlog.

It seems that the collector doesn't generate the events for the second stage and third stage discovery !

Regards
Hung
HungLe
Novice

Re: Missing CPUs, Memory, Network, DISKs, Storage .. states

Post by HungLe »

We use MP version 5.6 and SCOM 2007 R2
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Post by Alec King »

Hello Hung,

There might be a problem with your Collector, and/or the SCOM agent.

Do you have any alerts in the nworks MP - especially alerts from the Collector about connection to vCenter?

if you look in the View Monitoring / nworks VMware / Enterprise Manager Dashboard, is everything green there?

You can also try the Rebuild Topology function - it is available as -
(1) a Resend Topology Task on the Collector in SCOM console (select Collector in the Dashboard above and see Task on the right pane), or
(2) a button in the nworks web UI - click Rebuild Full Topology button on the Enterprise Manager tab.

Hope that helps - if not let us know!
HungLe
Novice

Post by HungLe »

I still get the alerts from the collector.

everything in the Enterprise Manager Dashboard is green.

i already did the "Rebuild Full Topology" yesterday but still miss the the CPUs, Memory, Network, DISKs, Storage and Sensors states on the "_ESX Host State"-View. The only objects i see are ESX-host and VM.

i can't see the events for the SV101 second stage discovery (ID=71 or ID =70 and Description contains Stage2) and SV102 second stage discovery (ID=72 or ID=70 and Description contains Stage3) on the collector server eventlog after "Rebuild Full Topology".

Regards
Hung
Alec King
VP, Product Management
Liked: 362 times

Post by Alec King »

Hi Hung,

I think it's best if you open a case with our support team - we'll need to check your logfiles in detail, and see what's happening.

Please visit our Customer Support Portal http://cp.veeam.com/ to open a case. Our excellent support team will be in touch!

Thanks,
Alec