Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
daniel.Soares
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: daniel soares

U-AIR

Post by daniel.Soares »

hello
I will configure a surebackup in veeam B&R 6.5 and I can not find a documentation that provides informations on all parameters of virtual lab surebackup jobs and u-air
does this type of documentation exists?

2nd questions I need to give a customer the ability to restore AD object and exchange objects
is u-air sufficient for both or do I have to install ad-air and exc-air?

thanks for your answer

Daniel
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: U-air

Post by foggy »

Daniel, please consider U-AIR user guide available at the Resources tab of the Veeam B&R web page. SureBackup is described in the corresponding section of the product user guide.

Regarding your second question, to restore individual application items, application-specific wizards (AD AIR, Exchange AIR) should be used. For other applications, we provide universal U-AIR wizard. Additionally, if your customer uses Exchange 2010, I recommend to use Veeam Explorer for Exchange available in v6.5, which is faster and much more convenient.
daniel.Soares
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: daniel soares

Re: U-AIR

Post by daniel.Soares »

thanks for your quick answer
the B&R documentation seems not to be full descriptive of the entire parameters about surebackup and virtual lab, any way

I have a new question about AD-air and Exchange-air
I tested u-air which is compatible with infrastructure where the backup server is not in the same vlan than the AD server to restore (by manualy redefining the lab network)and those vlans are isolated
but AD-air needs connection to the backup server during installation and connection to the AD server during restore wizard so it seems that this type of infrastructure is not adressed by AD-air
do you confirm this issue?

Daniel
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: U-AIR

Post by foggy »

If you are talking about the target DC, then obviously connection to it is required to be able to restore AD objects to original location, so you need to set appropriate routing to enable it. U-AIR does not allow to restore AD objects to their original location, it just provides the user with access to the restored VM in the virtual lab.