Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
shockwavecs
Lurker
Liked: never

Monitoring Free with ESXi 5.1 free hosts

Post by shockwavecs »

We have a few ESXi 5.1 free hosts and I have setup Veeam One monitor in free mode for now. After seeing the web reporting feature I am very impressed, etc.

First question:
Did I miss anything? Can you use free ESXi with free Veeam One Monitor?

Second, my issue is that in two separate instances, the Veeam One Monitor appears to make VMs lose connection temporarily, cause MKS errors when connecting to VM consoles, and occasionally I will see issues with the graphing. It will stop reporting and no more data is able to come through and at the same time I am unable to connect to any VM console and throws the MKS error. I looked through the logs and found something called TPM driver. Is this able to be used with free esxi? Does Veeam One have an option to not collect data via this driver? It appears the hostd crashes after this attempt...
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Monitoring Free with ESXi 5.1 free hosts

Post by Vitaliy S. »

shockwavecs wrote:Did I miss anything? Can you use free ESXi with free Veeam One Monitor?
Yes, absolutely. Veeam ONE fully supports free hypervisors from VMware and Microsoft.
shockwavecs wrote:Second, my issue is that in two separate instances, the Veeam One Monitor appears to make VMs lose connection temporarily, cause MKS errors when connecting to VM consoles, and occasionally I will see issues with the graphing. It will stop reporting and no more data is able to come through and at the same time I am unable to connect to any VM console and throws the MKS error. I looked through the logs and found something called TPM driver. Is this able to be used with free esxi? Does Veeam One have an option to not collect data via this driver? It appears the hostd crashes after this attempt...
Please contact our support team directly for further assistance, as debug logs review is required here.