PowerShell script exchange
BigGeorge
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Giorgio Colucci

get-VBRFilesInRestorePoint freeze

Post by BigGeorge »

hi all,

I've a problem with Get-VBRFilesInRestorePoint, this is my script (Veeam 6.5.0.106)

Code: Select all

$VeeamJob =  Get-VBRJob | where { $_.Name -eq "Test01" }
$MyRestorePoint = Get-VBRBackup | where { $_.JobId -eq $VeeamJob.Id } | Get-VBRRestorePoint | sort CreationDate -Descending | select -First 1
$MyFiles = Get-VBRFilesInRestorePoint $MyRestorePoint
The script freeze at the last step ...

Anyone can help me?

The goal is to retrieve the backup files (to copy them)

Thank you
Giorgio
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2842 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Re: get-VBRFilesInRestorePoint freeze

Post by tsightler »

It works fine for me, but I'm not sure this is exactly what you are looking for anyway. The cmdlet will list the files that are stored in the backup chain, thus it will list the .vmx, .vmdk, etc. It sounds like you are simply wanting to copy the backup files themselves (i.e. the VBK/VIB files), not the files that are contained within those backup files.

Also, unless you have only a single VM in each job the above script will be somewhat "random" since it will only return the very last OIB in the job, which, for a job with multiple VMs, would only be the very last VM in the job.
BigGeorge
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Giorgio Colucci

Post by BigGeorge »

Thank you,
you're right: after reboot Veeam repository server the command work well, but this command retrieve the vmWare files that the job has saved, not the backup files!

Thank you
Giorgio
Sethbartlett
Veteran
Liked: 26 times
Full Name: Seth Bartlett

Post by Sethbartlett »

if you are needing to see the backup files, use Get-VBRBackup and do a | GM on the object, it should have a method that allows you to get the backup files.

So:
Get-VBRBackup -name "my backup name" | gm

Read the list and you should see one.
Skype: Sethbartlett88 - Make sure to label who you are and why you want to add me ;)
Twitter: @sethbartlett
If my post was helpful, please like it. Sometimes twitter is quicker to hit me up if you need me.