Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mesmeridze
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Aleksandr

Is CBT working fine?

Post by mesmeridze »

Hi my html report shows two fields "Total size" and "Processed size" which is equal for all VMs, does this mean that CBT is not working for me?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Is CBT working fine?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Aleksandr,

I cannot find "Processed size" in the HTML report. Can you tell me what do "Transferred" and "Read" columns report you? To check whether CBT is enabled for VM disks or not, you need to open VM session and check [CBT] tag next to processed VM disk.

Thanks!
mesmeridze
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Aleksandr

Post by mesmeridze »

Vitaliy S. wrote:Hi Aleksandr,

I cannot find "Processed size" in the HTML report. Can you tell me what do "Transferred" and "Read" columns report you? To check whether CBT is enabled for VM disks or not, you need to open VM session and check [CBT] tag next to processed VM disk.

Thanks!
I have no such columns.
I use Veeam 5.0.2.230 here is Total size and Processed size, they are equal for all jobs except failed . I know that CBT should work cause i see this settings in Job setting and for one VM i see warning "cannot enable CBT".
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Aleksandr,

Oh, then I would suggest upgrading to the most recent version 6.5 which will give you all information you need. As to "cannot enable CBT" error message, please verify if this VM meets the following CBT requirements: Setting Up Changed Block Tracking.

Thanks!