Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
mgd5
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Christer Sundqvist

Failed to create NFC download stream

Post by mgd5 »

Case ID [ ref:_00D30RWR._50060OLTV9:ref ]

All of a sudden we get failed servers in a job with the following error. Veeam retrys the failed servers and they go sucessful. what causes them to fail in the first place?. Veeamsupport wants me to open a case with vmware. but i dont know where to start. Any clues?

[AP] (e95a) error: Cannot authenticate user.\nSoap fault. Detail: '', endpoint: ''\nSOAP connection is not available. Connection ID: XXXXXXXXXX].\nFailed to create NFC download stream. NFC path: [nfc://conn:XXXXXXX,nfchost:host-

X is our masked vc :)

MGD
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Failed to create NFC download stream

Post by foggy »

mgd5 wrote:Case ID [ ref:_00D30RWR._50060OLTV9:ref ]
Christer, please specify the correct support case ID (should be a 8-digit number). Thanks.
rbrambley
Veeam Software
Liked: 57 times
Full Name: Rich Brambley

Re: Failed to create NFC download stream

Post by rbrambley »

I'd definitely work this through Veeam Support, but if your SOAP connection is randomly unavailable then you might have and issue where vCenter is getting over worked and can't serve Veeam the API info.

If this is the case then can you add resources to vcenter (cpu, ram) or can you add resources to the SQL db? Are you using the default SQL Express install for vCenter? Optimize vCenter by going to a separate VM with full SQL.

Just a guess based on the fact that it randomly fails for you.