Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
khitsgmbh
Novice
Liked: never

Migration Hints for SCOM 2007 -> 2012

Post by khitsgmbh »

Hello,
I am looking for some guidance regarding the Veeam MP during a Migration from SCOM 2007 to 2012 but could not find any hints in the documentation or on this Forum. Are there any special things to take into considerations the Migration? Or can we just update the SCOM Agent on all Veeam Collectors/EMS, upgrade SCOM DB and all will be fine?

Thank you for any hints,

Dirk
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Re: Migration Hints for SCOM 2007 -> 2012

Post by sergey.g » 1 person likes this post

Hello,

Our MP is SCOM-platform-agnostic and should work on both SCOM2007R2 and SCOM2012, then it depends on SCOM - how correctly they will convert the data from SCOM2007 format to SCOM2012 format. Our components don't "talk" with SCOM agent, they just collect information and then SCOM agent "consumes" it, so our collectors even don't know which version of agent is doing that.

What I'm worried about is our reports, but again it depends on how well SCOM is upgrading SRS for SCOM 2012. But I beleive that you can completely remove reporting role and then install it again and SCOM should re-deploy reports from the corresponding management packs.

Hope this helps.