Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
qwertyx90
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: des

Connecting to Veeam One Monitor Serer

Post by qwertyx90 »

Hi there,
Our company is preparing to use Veeam One in future. I want to know whether it's pssible to connect to veeam one monitor server which is a member of some domain from a veeam one monitor client which runs out of a domain? Is it possible? If yes, how to do that?

And just another question- is it possible to configure veeam one monitor server in a way I don't need to set my account which I am login from to be a member of Veeam One Administartors group? I want to be able to connect Veeam One Server from many places(some computers doesn't have domain accounts but Server is a member of domain) without configuring and setting each account to be member of group "Veeam One Administrators"? It will take so many time to set each account to be a member of Veeam One Administrators. Any ideas?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Connecting to Veeam One Monitor Serer

Post by Vitaliy S. »

qwertyx90 wrote:I want to know whether it's pssible to connect to veeam one monitor server which is a member of some domain from a veeam one monitor client which runs out of a domain? Is it possible? If yes, how to do that?
I believe you can use the same technique as it is discussed in this thread to achieve that.
qwertyx90 wrote:And just another question- is it possible to configure veeam one monitor server in a way I don't need to set my account which I am login from to be a member of Veeam One Administartors group? I want to be able to connect Veeam One Server from many places(some computers doesn't have domain accounts but Server is a member of domain) without configuring and setting each account to be member of group "Veeam One Administrators"? It will take so many time to set each account to be a member of Veeam One Administrators.
Well...if you add everyone or all guests to the Administrators Group it might work, but this would be very insecure. :)
qwertyx90
Novice

Post by qwertyx90 »

Thanks for your reply.
Well...if you add everyone or all guests to the Administrators Group it might work, but this would be very insecure.
But wouldn't it be unsecure the same way as it is unsecure to disable client authorization? Or am I misunderstanding something?
Isn't it any other way to enable client authorization out of a domain using some authorization technique(to prevent connecting by anyone from anywhere) that don't need to set each account on veeam one server achine to be "veeam one" group member?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

qwertyx90 wrote:But wouldn't it be unsecure the same way as it is unsecure to disable client authorization?
Yes, you're also right ;)
qwertyx90 wrote:Isn't it any other way to enable client authorization out of a domain using some authorization technique(to prevent connecting by anyone from anywhere) that don't need to set each account on veeam one server achine to be "veeam one" group member?
I'm afraid the only option you have is to follow the instructions in the post above.
qwertyx90
Novice

Post by qwertyx90 »

Ok, thanks for your reply.
I have another question: Where can I find options like "Power ON VM", "Reebot VM", "Power OFF VM", "PAUSE VM" in Veeam One Client?
I know Veeam One is monitoring and reporting solution but I thought it also allows simple options to manage my VM's.
If there are no options like that, how can I manage to do these things above in other way?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

We are adding these options in our next update, meanwhile you can use VM console tab to perform at least VM reboot/VM Power Off operations from the Guest OS.
qwertyx90
Novice

Post by qwertyx90 »

Does the full version of Veeam One Solution supports powering on/off, reseting and suspending VM's?

What about if I have a free version (preparing to buy full in future) and want to power ON VM? If it's not in client, where can I find it?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

qwertyx90 wrote:Does the full version of Veeam One Solution supports powering on/off, reseting and suspending VM's?
These capabilities will only be added in the next product version, currently it doesn't matter whether you're using free or full version of the product.
qwertyx90
Novice

Post by qwertyx90 »

Ok, I understand. When should we except for that next product version?

Or let me ask You other question: What other of Yours solutions allows me to do things like VMWare VSphere Client which monitors VM infrastructures and allows me to manage these VM's in that way I can power ON/OFF, reset and suspend them?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

qwertyx90 wrote:Ok, I understand. When should we except for that next product version?
It is going to be available this year.
qwertyx90 wrote:Or let me ask You other question: What other of Yours solutions allows me to do things like VMWare VSphere Client which monitors VM infrastructures and allows me to manage these VM's in that way I can power ON/OFF, reset and suspend them?
If you have SCOM deployed in your shop, then you may want to consider using Veeam MP for VMware to monitor your VI, this MP does provide capabilities you are after.