Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
smeek
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Steve Meek

Installation checklist/flow for U-AIR and similar

Post by smeek »

I can't seem to find a guide or checklist for install order in a small environment. I purchased Veeam Essentials and install B&R and it seems to be working. Then I read about U-AIR which I think I want but not sure if I should install in a certain order, need to do something special or different than I have. Is there an install document somewhere? Any special best practices without reading the entire guide?

Thanks for any help.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Installation checklist/flow for U-AIR and similar

Post by veremin »

In fact, there are no special requirements for Universal Application-Item Recovery.

U-AIR is nothing but a set of wizards that lead you through the process of recovery of application objects. The wizards comprise the following:

1) Application-specific wizards for Active Directory, Microsoft SQL and Microsoft Exchange. This means, that needed items can be restored by utilizing Veeam wizards themselves.
2) Universal wizard. Application and all of necessary components are started in the virtual lab, then, user connects to that application with native tools and manually restores required items.

These wizards are standalone components that can be downloaded, installed and updated independent of the product release. U-AIR wizards aren’t tied down to VB&R.

You can install U AIR wizards on any machine in your production environment.

Moreover, there is a U-AIR specific User Guide, which is less voluminous than general one and which can be downloaded here.

Hope this helps.
Thanks.
smeek
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Steve Meek

Post by smeek »

I was thinking these were add-ins installed on the B R server maybe after B R was installed.

Are you saying the wizards are installed on the specific servers?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

These wizards, as stated above, aren't addins but standalone components instead, that can be installed on whatever machine you want without any special requirements, be it machine where your VB&R server resides on, or any other machine in your production environment.

Hope this helps.
Thanks.