Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
darryl.crossley
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Darryl Crossley

Cloud Edition - Path Was Not Found

Post by darryl.crossley »

Hi All,
I'm receiving an error message when testing Veeam Cloud Backups to an AWS S3 bucket

Error: Path Was Not Found

This appears to be an issue with the remote Veeam backup repository I'm trying to use as the backup source, if I select a local file from the C Drive to backup to S3, everything works fine. If I choose a VBK file from my remote Veeam repository via a mapped drive or via the add network share option, both fail with the above error.

Any ideas?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Cloud Edition - Path Was Not Found

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Darryl,

Can you please tell me if you've specified network credentials for the network share/mapped drive via "Manage network credentials" option?

Thanks!
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Post by tsightler »

Mapped drive want work as the job is run by the service which can't see the mapped drive. As suggested by Vitaliy, adding the account/password to the managed credentials should work for backup, although interestingly doesn't appear to work for restores and had to edit the service account for the cloud backup service to use a domain account that had access to the share to get restores to a remote share to complete. I need to investigate this further.
darryl.crossley
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Darryl Crossley

Post by darryl.crossley »

Thanks Tom / Vitaliy,
That works perfect, keep me posted on the restore account please.
pendragoncrw
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: C White

[MERGED] : Cloud Edition Backup Path Selection

Post by pendragoncrw »

Just downloaded the Cloud Edition and was preparing to try my first cloud backup to some Glacier storage we have.

The plan setup, etc. goes just fine, but when the plan actually runs it errors out saying "Path was not found". Our primary backup storage is CIFS and the Cloud Backup tool has no problems seeing it during the setup process, but does during execution. Our normal Veeam backups have no problems with this.

Am I missing something simple?

Chris
pendragoncrw
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: C White

Post by pendragoncrw »

Entered credentials and although the "Test" button reported it failed, the actual backup plan ran.

Thanks for the quick advice.

Chris