Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
gonextek
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Wayne Randall

Customization of E-Mail Notifications in Veeam Backup

Post by gonextek »

Hello! We are a service provider based in Memphis, TN. We have been using Veeam backup services for several years for internal use and with customers. Recently, we started backing up customer VMWare environments over the WAN and find that this works extremely well. We put a VPN in place between our customers VMW Host and our Veeam Server in our datacenter and are backing up with WAN optimization. It works extremely well. We plan on expanding this service offering but one thing I am disappointed with is that currently you have no way to customize the backup email notifications or brand anything in there. It would be nice for us to be able to insert our company logo and to customize the messaging of the backup notifcations. We arent trying to mask the fact that we are using Veeam, but merely that we are the one providing the backup service offering. I am hoping that this feature can be added to future builds of Veeam. I have reached out to my account rep and some higher up people in Veeam with no luck. Maybe someone/somewhere will read this and think about the impact this could have relative to service providers. From what I understand, most customers are using this product to back up their VMW infrastructure internally versus service providers providing backup services over the Internet.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Customization of E-Mail Notifications in Veeam Backup

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Wayne,

You've found the correct place to post the feedback like that, welcome to Veeam Community forums!

Can you please tell me what exactly you would like to modify in the messaging? Do you have any specific example so I could better understand you needs? Btw, do you use any backup-specific reports that you send to your customers?

Thanks!
gonextek
Novice

Post by gonextek »

The messaging as it stands now works. We would simply like to insert our company logo to that email showing them we are the service provider. And also maybe our phone number and help desk support number. I think this is more than necessary for service providers trying to use this product in this manner
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ok, got it, thanks for the feedback.
Reimold
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Dirk Reimold

Post by Reimold »

We could use some customization of the E-Mail notifications as well. We currently back up 6 sites over a vpn connection to the central backup locations and each time there is a problem with the vpn a backup fails - but in 99% the backup runs fine when it does the second or third retry. It would be great that the server only sends an email when all configured retry´s are failing because i only need a mail when the backup finally fails after all retrys.

Thanks

Dirk
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

Hi, Dirk.

The existing notification engine behavior is different in the Veeam ONE 6.5. By default, failures on retries are ignored by predefined alarms for jobs and only one notification is sent per each job session.

So, it might be worth considering implementation of this product in your environment.

Hope this helps.
Thanks.
gonextek
Novice

Post by gonextek »

What about our needs? lol......I hear nothing but crickets...so, hopefully you guys will consider this