Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
peters.
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Peter S

Delete some backups manually

Post by peters. »

Hi all,

We didn't setup the backups the correct way 3 months ago, and we ended with first full and lots of incremental backups, which led to no space on storage. I followed the KB1729 to manual delete some old backups, but after rescanning/mapping the backups, i still see the original number of restore points (they are already deleted). How can i achieve to see the real number of restore points on B&R...?

Another question is how to stop the transform operation. For one backup we configured "transform previous full backup chains into rollbacks" but this process is at 4% and took 30hours already (26GB full, 100incremental x 2,5GB). I would like to cancel it (even with unusable data) but the process is still running and can't be stopped (i pressed stop few times). How can i delete it completely? I didn't know it would put so much stress on NAS (older HP D2D via CIFS). Probably because of the D2D deduplicaton&compression, and veeam compression it is taking so long.

Thanks
Peter
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Delete some backups manually

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Peter,
peters wrote:How can i achieve to see the real number of restore points on B&R...?
Have you adjusted the retention policy settings to meet your new requirements? The restore point records should be removed from the SQL Server configuration database by the retention policy.
peters wrote:Another question is how to stop the transform operation.
Try ending VeeamAgent* processes on the backup servers, this should hard stop this process.

Thanks!
peters.
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Peter S

Re: Delete some backups manually

Post by peters. »

Hi,

killing the process helped. You are right, after configuring the retention policy, the jobs shall be removed from SQL.

Thanks!