Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
mx_michael.preis
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Michael Preis

U-AIR / Different point in time in a SureBackup Job

Post by mx_michael.preis »

Hey there,

is it possible to choose a different point in time when using SureBackup? SureBackup is okay when you want to test, if your latest backup is running. But what do I have to do, if I want to do a file restore using the U-AIR wizards? I want to use the simplified workflow, because we don't need to approve virtual labs first like in the typical workflow. We also don't have the Enterprise Manager installed yet.

For example, I backup our SQL server each night. The day before yesterday I deleted a table in the database. So I am not able to use the U-AIR wizard, because the latest backup - which was running last night - does not contain the deleted table anymore.

Do I have to use the typical workflow for such an incident?

Best regards, Michael
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: U-AIR / Different point in time in a SureBackup Job

Post by foggy » 2 people like this post

Michael, to be able to restore from one of the previous restore points, you can use the Start To command on the SureBackup job's shortcut menu and select the required restore point. After the job is started, you can follow the simplified workflow as usual. Thanks!
mx_michael.preis
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Michael Preis

Post by mx_michael.preis »

Thanks for the quick reply and for the solution! I never used this option until now, because I did not know for what it exactly is. Thanks for telling me.
mjgreen81
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Mike Green

[MERGED] : Exchange AIR - Selecting a restore point

Post by mjgreen81 »

Hi all,

Thanks to the help that I have received here, today I have successfully restored an email using AIR for the first time :).

As I am working in quite a small environment, I dont want to use the vLab request procedure.

Instead I am running the job and then right clicking on the exchange server and selecting the AIR option. This takes me directly to the Wizard and bypasses the step when you select your restore point. I presume that it is using the most recent backup.

I just wondered if I am missing something? How would I select a date other than my last backup if I use this method?

Thanks
mjgreen81
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Mike Green

Post by mjgreen81 »

Makes sense! Thanks for merging the thread and providing the answer.