Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
KRMC
Novice
Liked: never

Creating a new Backup Job

Post by KRMC »

After upgrading to Veeam Backup and FastSCP Version 3.1.1. I am no longer able to select a folder to backup. When I click on my esx server to expand Virtual Machines And Templates (when I am creating a backup job) I no longer can select a folder.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times and have had no luck.

What can I do here?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Re: Creating a new Backup Job

Post by Gostev »

Hmm, actually Virtual Machines and Templates view never had ESX hosts in it... can you please clarify what you are clicking? It would be best if you contact our support for assistance - it's hard to tell what's wrong without actually seeing the issue, so webex would help.
KRMC
Novice

Post by KRMC »

I can't see the virtual folders. But what I do see right now is esx hosts in both sections. Host and cluster and virtual machines and templates are displaying exactly the same thing. I have never seen it do this before.

Should I delete the veeam database?

I have put a ticket in with support.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Post by Gostev »

No, I don't think this information is stored in the database - instead, it is queried from infrastructure every time you open the dialog. Did you add individual ESX hosts instead of vCenter server to Veeam Backup Servers tree by any chance?
KRMC
Novice

Post by KRMC »

Yes i did. I have just went back and deleted all my esx servers and have added my vCenter server. I am testing it now. I have never added the vCenter before.. This fixed my problem.

Thanks for the help.