Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
dstamen
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: David Stamen

unmount vpower nfs

Post by dstamen »

Is there a way to have veeam unmount the NFS datastore from an ESXi Host? i ran an instant recovery and not stop it correctly so i have the NFS volume mounted on the host still. i am unable to manually remove it because of the following error/kb.

http://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-50/index ... 7D098.html

it seems that since the volume is only on one host HA is stopping me from removing it from vcenter.

anyone have any ideas?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: unmount vpower nfs

Post by foggy »

As far as I know, there is no way to affect the default behavior, which is to leave the vPower NFS datastore mounted to the host in order to save time on mounting it again during the next vPower task.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi David,

I can successfully unmount vPower NFS datastore from our HA Cluster, so I doubt that HA is stopping you from removing this datastore from vCenter Server. I guess there might still be some "locked" operation with this datastore...why not to try restarting vPower NFS service and then attempt to remove this datastore once again.

On top of that, removing this datastore from the host directly will definitely work, but I wouldn't recommend doing that.

Thanks!
dstamen
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: David Stamen

Post by dstamen »

the server has been restarted multiple times and still unable to do it. i am trying to remove it because somehow the server had a datastore mounted on our c drive so it only has 5gb free and is causing an alarm.

so ideally i would want it to be removed as we normally do not do instant restores so having it removed would be best so all our hosts are at the same compliance level.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Is this datastore still accessible? Have you tired launching another Instant VM Recovery task, end it properly and then unmount the datastore?