Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
jbarrow.viracoribt
Expert
Liked: 18 times
Full Name: Jonathan Barrow

Client error: Banks pool is full (Case 00186185)

Post by jbarrow.viracoribt »

I mad a new job last night per the request of management. This job is going to be our Offsite job and is currently being grabbed and loaded onto tape when it's finished but the tape will be replaced with cloud storage soon. The only difference between this job and the rest of my backup jobs is that this one is configured for WAN storage, which is where we plan to store the backup soon. It looks like once it reached a certain point in the backup, all VM's after that point fail with the same error. I have a HUGE amount of storage (30TB) and my proxies are monsters (physical, 16 cores, 128GB RAM).

Thoughts?

foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Client error: Banks pool is full (Case 00186185)

Post by foggy »

Jonathan, have you reviewed this thread? Seems that the reason is exactly what Tom is talking about.
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Post by tsightler »

The recommended maximum size of a backup using WAN target mode is 2TB, and it appears that you are well over that amount. I'm surprised you made it that far. It doesn't really matter how much memory you have in your server as the VeeamAgent.exe is a 32-bit process and can only address ~2GB of RAM. You can run many, many VeeamAgent.exe processes, but any single one will still have this limit.

You need to either increase the block size, or split these VMs into mulitple jobs.
jbarrow.viracoribt
Expert

Post by jbarrow.viracoribt »

Changing the job from WAN to LAN optimization, let's see how that goes.
jbarrow.viracoribt
Expert

Post by jbarrow.viracoribt » 1 person likes this post

That looks to have worked. The job is now completing without errors like before. I do get some indexing errors but those seem to be another Issue that needs addressed. Thanks for the feedback here.