Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
lavignejr15
Novice
Liked: 1 time

Central location to Monitor Multiple VEEAM instances

Post by lavignejr15 »

I have VEEAM running at about 6 different customers. Is there a way to monitor the backup jobs from a central location? I have email notifications set up, but was wondering if VEEAM has looked into making an app that will make it possible to see multiple VEEAM instances and the status of jobs in that location. If there is nothing available yet, will VEEAM have this available in the future?

Thanks
mbreitba
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times

Re: Central location to Monitor Multiple VEEAM instances

Post by mbreitba » 1 person likes this post

You're pretty much describing Enterprise Manager. Take a look at it - should do what you're looking for.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Just to clarify, Enterprise Manager is included with every Veeam B&R download.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. » 1 person likes this post

Also there is another tool - Veeam ONE (part of Veeam Backup Management Suite), which provides enhanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for your Veeam B&R environment.
lavignejr15
Novice

Post by lavignejr15 »

Thanks, I will take a look at Enterprise Manager.
Hevros
Veeam Vanguard
Full Name: Stephen Seagrave

Post by Hevros »

Nether Veeam One nor Veeam enterprise manager will do this for you.

both of these tool can only check results from veeam server on your network. so unless you are willing to create a vpn for every customer you are out of luck.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hevros wrote:Nether Veeam One nor Veeam enterprise manager will do this for you.
Actually both tools are doing what OP wanted to achieve:
lavignejr15 wrote:but was wondering if VEEAM has looked into making an app that will make it possible to see multiple VEEAM instances and the status of jobs in that location.
On top of that, do you have any feedback about missing functionality in EM and Veeam ONE that you wanted to share with us? This info would be highly appreciated.
lavignejr15
Novice

Post by lavignejr15 » 1 person likes this post

I do have a VPN Tunnel to all my customers, so accessing the EM site is useful. Thanks for the help. If VEEAM can create a tool that allows me to see all my customers in one site, now that would be great.
dkvello
Service Provider
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Dag Kvello

Post by dkvello » 1 person likes this post

@lavignejr15

This is exactly what our Support-center needs as well.
We administer a bunch of Veeam implenetations at many custoomer sites. Enterprise manager seemed like a soulution, but ... it only supports on licence file. So I wold have to aggregate all customer licenses into one (and again and again as customers grow) and manage all customer licences centrally.

I guess Enterprise manager could work, but then the whole Licence stuf will have to be removed. It should be sufficient that the Veem Backup-manager holds the licences and that Ent Manager could add multiple VB&R Managers and present in one dashboard.

Today You have to have one Enterprise manager for each licence entity, wich again means we have to manually open a bunch of web sessions, one for each customer.
lavignejr15
Novice

Post by lavignejr15 »

well hopefully that will happen. I knew I couldn't be the only one who would like to see this in future releases!
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2842 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Post by tsightler »

Actually, there is a way to do this now (disable license push from EM) if you are a licensed Veeam service provider. If so, you should contact support for the procedure. If you look at the 6.5 "What's New" document, on page 3 the very last feature listed is:
Automatic update. Disable automatic updates of the license file from Enterprise Manager to backup
servers (available to authorized backup-as-a-service providers).
dellock6
Veeam Software
Liked: 1928 times
Full Name: Luca Dell'Oca

Post by dellock6 » 1 person likes this post

Don't get me as a sales rep, but I've seen recently a presentation about the new Veeam Service Provider Program. With it you can rent or buy perpatual licenses from Veeam, and use them at customer sites, thus offering them as a paid service rather than a one-shot sell of the license.
This and the "do not push" method described by Tom sums for a good and clean solution to offer managed services to your Veeam customers imho.

Luca.
Luca Dell'Oca
Principal EMEA Cloud Architect @ Veeam Software

@dellock6
https://www.virtualtothecore.com/
vExpert 2011 -> 2022
Veeam VMCE #1
dkvello
Service Provider
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Dag Kvello

Post by dkvello »

tsightler wrote:Actually, there is a way to do this now (disable license push from EM) if you are a licensed Veeam service provider. If so, you should contact support for the procedure. If you look at the 6.5 "What's New" document, on page 3 the very last feature listed is:

Well, We're administering customers Veeam environment, They're not part of our internal hosted backup. We want to be able to have an enterprise-manager that can be an aggregation-point for all those we administer, but who are completely independent entities (licence-wise).
pendragoncrw
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: C White

Post by pendragoncrw »

We are a mid-sized MSP and also looking to consolidate our Veeam Backup and Replication monitoring to a single-pane of glass.

We have Enterprise Manager up and running with ports 9392 through 9395 open on our firewall and on our client's firewalls. There is no VPN in place.

Whenever I try to add a backup server, I get the message "Connection to Beeam Backup Service is unavailable".

If I look in the Svc.VeeamBES log, I see the following lines that correspond to my add a server attempts. Ourdomain is our internal domain that runs the Enterprise Manager and other MSP software. Clientdomain is the domain administrator of the client's domain.

Adding server [64.60.173.60]. under [clientdomain\administrator]
<57> Info Validating whether user OurDomain\Administrator has permission [Configure]
<57> Info Access granted. The user is in group [BUILTIN\Administrators]
<57> Info Opening session on vbserver [64.60.173.60].
<57> Info Connecting to backup server "64.60.173.60".
<57> Info Obtain version of backup server "64.60.173.60".
<57> Info Version is "6.5.0.0".
<57> Info Switching to remote api version [6.5.0.0]
<57> Error Failed to add server [64.60.173.60]
<57> Error Failed to connect to backup server "64.60.173.60".
Many lines of exceptions

For test purposes, I installed Veeam on a server on a seperate internal domain and was able to add it. I'm thinking I must be missing a port that needs to be open, but I do not know which ones.

Thanks for any help.
Chris
pendragoncrw
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: C White

Post by pendragoncrw »

I found my answer in this forum posting. http://forums.veeam.com/viewtopic.php?f ... ger#p67775

As Veeam increases their MSP market share, it might be worthwhile to codify this into a KB article.

Thanks,
Chris