Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
keithkleiman
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Keith Kleiman

SCOM agent reinstall on nworks collector

Post by keithkleiman »

I have nworks 5.7 deployed in our SCOM 2007 R2 environment and the agent on one of my collectors needs to be reinstalled. Can I do this without uninstalling the VIC service? If not, then what would be my process to uninstall/reinstall?

Thanks!
Keith
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Re: SCOM agent reinstall on nworks collector

Post by sergey.g »

Hello Keith,

Our collector service is completely unaware of SCOM agent, it will do its job regardless of agent version or even without SCOM agent. However without agent or right after reinstalling the agent you will loose topology objects which were being collected by this collector server. In case of re-installing agent, the topology will be re-discovered again.

If it's OK that objects monitored by this collector will disappear in SCOM and then appear again, then you can do agent re-install without doing anything with collector.

To avoid VMware objects downtime, you can do the following:

1. Relocate monitoring jobs from this collector to other collector(s), you can deploy a temporary collector if necessary.
2. Wait some time, so that topology objects are discovered by other collector(s).
3. Reinstall SCOM agent.
4. Check that proxy is enabled on re-intalled agent and run "Configure OpsMgr Agent" task.
4. Wait for re-installed agent to re-discover collector.
5. Relocate monitoring jobs back to collector with re-installed agent.

Hope this helps. Thanks.
Feel free to ask any other questions.
keithkleiman
Enthusiast
Full Name: Keith Kleiman

Post by keithkleiman »

Thanks Sergey. I reinstalled the SCOM agent and my issues are resolved without interuption to monitoring.
jodiety11
Novice
Full Name: Jodie Smith

Post by jodiety11 »

I am a newer here. Thanks a lot. I know I have lots to learn.
Behind every successful man there's a lot u unsuccessful years. - Bob Brown