Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
peste
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Stefan Petershofer

veeam starts new Replicates, old ones are "Unkown"

Post by peste »

Hello,

Case #00187235

i have a problem with my Replication (ESXi 5.1, veeam B&R 6.5 Patch 1). After a while veeam creates whole new replicates on my NFS (QNAP, new VM Folders with Suffix _1) and the old ones are shown as "Unknown" in my vSphere Client. But without any Error, the jobs are running. This now happens the second time and i opened a case. Maybe someone here had the same problem.

Here are some pictures:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16720017/veeamS ... istory.JPG (veeam History)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16720017/veeamS ... vm_nfs.JPG (NFS Store, WebfileManager QNAP)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16720017/veeamS ... sphere.JPG (vSphere Client View).

This is strange. I can offer the log files too.

Thanks,
Stefan
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: veeam starts new Replicates, old ones are "Unkown"

Post by foggy »

Stefan, Unknown state is reported for VM if its .vmx file is inaccessible for some reason and ESXi is unable to read the name and other details of the virtual machine. This could probably be caused by some storage issues, for example. I guess you should identify the reason why replica VMs are shown as Unknown firstly as this most likely caused Veeam B&R to create replica VMs anew. Though I would expect at least some informational messages in the job session log regarding that, could you please check it? Were there any actions performed with your storage that could result in replica VMs inaccessibility?
peste
Enthusiast

Post by peste »

Hi Foggy,

thanks for your answer. Yes, it were restarted on that day. But i must say i have a lot of vmware Servers with QNAPS and Replicates out there. And this is not happen there. But i also believe this is an vmware problem with clean remounting of the vmfs. But why…dammit.

Ok, now it is really the reboot of the QNAP. I sent it down into one and after that my two other replicas are now unknown. The NFS is still mounted. So i should bring this to QNAP or vmware ?

Thanks,
Stefan
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Is this the only QNAP device that has this issue? QNAP support team should nail it down pretty quickly then.
peste
Enthusiast

Post by peste »

Yes, the only. And i have 24 out there. And i think about 8 with the same constellation (vmware, veeam, qnap).