RESTful knowledge exchange
da_rude2k2
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Tim Lawrence

RESTful API availability?

Post by da_rude2k2 »

Hi all,

This is my first post here so I apologise if this is not the correct forum for this post.

I was wondering if anyone know about the future API support for Veeam B&R. We have developed a customer facing portal for our customers to provision their own backups / restores for vCloud director VMs. Whilst this is working fine we have had to provide the automation using PowerShell (or PowerDOS as our Java dev calls it!). Calling PowerShell scripts in Java code via WinRM is not ideal and is certainly not as performant as we would like so I was just wondering if Veeam plan to follow other vendor's lead and offer an easy to use REST or similar based API at any point? Even a .net SDK would be a big improvement (without too much effort I would have thought) as we could write our own web service wrapper for it.

Anyway,

Thanks in advance and thanks for the great product :-)

regards,

Tim
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: API

Post by Gostev »

Hi Tim, yes - RESTful API is in our short-term plans. What do you see as the mandatory functionality that must be covered by the "1.0" version of this API? Thanks!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: RESTful API availability?

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

There was no response ;) so we ended up implementing the following RESTful API scope in 7.0: everything you can do with Enterprise Manager web UI, you can do with RESTful API (including job management and restores).
Tobias_Elfstrom
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Tobias Elfstrom

Re: RESTful API availability?

Post by Tobias_Elfstrom »

Very nice! Looking forward to v7, you are welcome to release it anytime now ;)